What to wear for family photoshoot?
As we reflect on all our memories, it’s hard to recall ones that don’t include our families. There’s something special about looking back on family portraits over the years past. Family photos are a moment saved in time that will be cherished forever so, when it comes to what to wear for family picture day make sure you plan ahead. Whether you are taking family photos for your annual Christmas Card or looking to get an updated shot to hang above the mantle, you’ll want you and your family to look your best doing so.
There are many aspects to keep in mind when deciding what to wear for your family photos. Coordinating outfits for family photos doesn’t need to be difficult. You can never go wrong with selecting a few focal colors and textured clothing items, as well as considering the season. Focus on accomplishing a cohesive look and dressing in outfits that will allow your photos to take on a timeless feel. Of course, the most important part of your family portrait is to document the love that your family shares. We’re here to help you with the rest. These family photo outfit ideas below will allow you get a one-of-a-kind portrait that has a close-knit family feel.
Family Photo Outfit Ideas: The Do’s And Don’ts
Allow your family to be the captivating focal point of your shots during any season with these family photo outfit do’s and don’ts. Consider these coordinating outfit ideas to get a portrait you will be able to enjoy for a lifetime:
- Plan your outfits in advance. The more time you allow yourself to plan what you would like everyone to wear, the less stressed you’ll be. Plus, it never hurts to have options especially when you’re dressing your kids.
- Choose coordinating colors, not matching.Start off with colors that coordinate well. You can accomplish a collective look without every family member wearing the exact same outfit. In fact, that can seem a little too matchy-matchy these days. By selecting a color scheme and using mix and match hues that complement each other, you will achieve a more natural coordination that will look seamless in your shots. Pick two main colors and then add softer tones to accent and complete your scheme.
- Take into consideration your home decor. You’ll want to consider your home decor style when picking out what to wear in family photos. Since a few of these photos will most likely be hanging in your home and on display for a long time, make sure that the clothing you select will blend seamlessly with the color scheme of your home.
- Keep location in mind. Another helpful item to consider when trying to decide what to wear in your family photos is to think about where you will be taking your photos. Are you going to be on the beach where there are plenty of neutral tones or under a tree in the bright fall foliage? Select a color palette for your outfits that will accent the setting. Pick out items of clothing in colors that will complement your background and not compete with it.
- Use the season to help select color schemes for your outfits. Each season is associated with different colors, weather and landscapes which will be an important item to consider when picking out what everyone will be wearing.
- Choose practical clothing items. This is an important item to keep in mind for every family member but, especially when you are thinking about what to dress your little ones in. If your kids are not comfortable then you are going to be in for a long photo shoot. Don’t make it more difficult on yourself or your photographer to get the perfect shot. Make sure that everyone is comfortable with their clothing to ensure all smiles.
- Pick out accessories to add texture to your photos. Accessories are great style pieces that will add to your individual outfits and can even tie family members outfits together. For example, if Dad is wearing a red and black plaid coat then adding a plaid hat to your daughter’s outfit will tie the pattern in for a more cohesive feel. Accessories will also give your photos variation. Think scarves, hats, gloves and belts.
- Select an outfit that is appropriate all year round. One of the more popular times for families to take their portraits seems to be around the holidays when the kids are home from school and everyone is in the same place. The holidays may seem like the perfect excuse to bring out the Santa hats and incorporate props into your family portraits, but keep in mind that you will ultimately want these photos to be displayed all year round. Try to avoid purely seasonal accessories and clothing items.
- Limit distracting patterns and large logos. Including articles of clothing with multiple patterns or large logos can e too distracting and will take away from the image. Strong prints and abstract patterns can overpower your photo. Avoid items that clash and stick to one pattern or textural element for your portrait session.
- Lay each family member’s outfit together while planning so you can get a good idea about how the pieces will look next to each other. This will allow you a better idea of what works and what doesn’t. Plus, this way, you can make sure that you’re not missing any essential clothing items.
- Select outfits that will make for a timeless portrait. If all else fails, when you look in your closet to find the perfect family portrait outfits think about staying classic. You’ll want your photos to be timeless. Styles come and go but, your photos are forever.
- Have fun playing stylist and let your family’s personality shine.
All Year Summer UAE photoshoots
A summertime family photo shoot offers beautiful landscapes for your photos and warmer weather. The season exudes a laid back vibe that can be mirrored throughout your family’s outfit selections. Take advantage of light cottons, pretty sheers and lace or, slip into your sandals and get ready to capture some amazing shots. Perhaps your family is taking a summer vacation, use this time to get your family portraits. No matter where you may be during summertime, you can take advantage of the following summer color arrangements and styling tips to guide your clothing selections.
Now that you’ve got plenty of styling tips and tricks up your sleeve, choosing outfits for your family photo shoot will be a lot easier than anticipated. Each time you glance at your portraits, whether in the hall or on the coffee table, you’ll be happy to relive that moment in time for years to come. If you need more inspiration for poses or styling tips, we will be happy to meet you in our Loft Studio and discuss all details.
First of all we would like to share our experience. Taking the Photos around UAE more than 6 years we would like to say its not really easy take your camera and shoot anything you want, especially if you photograph models, families etc.
Wedding Date is agreed.
So, what is the next step for every single Bride?